Aerophagia – Causes, Symptoms and Treatments. In addition, Aerophagia is caused by the person who eats too much and ingests foods that increase the production of gases (beans, grains, onions, eggs, broccoli, cucumber, cabbage, milk) or the presence of bacteria in the intestine. People who suffer from Aerophagia try to relieve themselves with burping.
This disease is also generated by having a nervous character or by the state of anxiety. It affects both adults and babies in most cases they happen when the child sucks, in the act of sucking the mother’s breast does not put the nipple correctly in the mouth causing the baby to swallow air.
Causes of Aerophagia:
- Anvisa releases fat-sucking pill for people over 30 years old
- Exclusive: Teacher reveals how she eliminated cellulite, sagging and wrinkles…
- Experts: Suffering from hair loss? put an end to it today…
When a person swallows a lot of air, especially during meals, he is prone to suffer from Aerophagia . This action causes an enlargement of the stomach, which is manifested through symptoms that start to bother giving the impression of swelling, belching, abdominal distension and flatulence. These symptoms are most often confused with gastroesophageal reflux, occurring frequently and you can also feel acidity or stomach burning.
Symptoms of Aerophagia:
Aerophagia happens when a person swallows too much air. Swallowed air usually goes to the stomach, due to swallowing air, this person is constantly belching, which is related to Aerophagia , but is not necessarily caused by it.
The most common symptoms are flatulence , constant elimination of gas, abdominal distension , abdominal pain, anorexia, that is, lack of appetite, heart palpitations, dizziness and emotional nervous disorders in people with anxiety, eating too fast.
How to treat Aerophagia?
Maintaining a healthy diet would be the first step to start dietary changes, remembering that although foods with fiber are indicated for proper digestion, they are not very pleasant for intestinal bacteria that produce gas. Try to eat wholegrain products and always slowly so that these bacteria try to slowly get used to the new food.
- When preparing food, try to eat foods that help improve the intestinal flora and facilitate digestion.
- You should drink plenty of water and fluids, avoid a sedentary lifestyle, set meal times and make it easier to go to the bathroom.
- Avoid eating fast, try to chew your food well , otherwise chew to avoid gas production. Also avoid talking about how much you eat, as it prevents air from entering,
- preventing the accumulation of gases.
How to Prevent Aerophagia?
- Eat slowly, trying to avoid chewing food with your mouth open, not talking while eating, to prevent air intake, avoid carbonated drinks and chewing gum, eat yogurt after meals.
- There is no treatment that specifically focuses on Aerophagia , but if the symptoms appear in an unpleasant way, anti-aging medications can be used, they will momentarily relieve the problem. It is best to consult a doctor.
- Remember that Aerophagia is linked to lactose intolerance and reflux. So, stay tuned: if symptoms persist, it could be that something is wrong with your diet or body.
- These simple measures reduce the amount of air you swallow and even improve the quality of your digestion, which starts in your mouth.
The main treatment to prevent the disease is changes in eating habits. Try to chew the food well and eat slowly, so that during swallowing you do not allow excessive air to enter the mouth, maintain a diet followed by a healthy diet, as poor food education makes digestion very difficult. So avoid foods like beans, chickpeas, lentils, cucumbers, cauliflower, very fatty foods, or heavy foods and carbonated drinks.
Look for foods that contribute to the improvement of your intestinal flora, facilitating digestion. Remembering that Aerophagia can be treated in a completely natural way, some foods that are healthy are efficient to control and improve the situation, preventing the feeling of heaviness. Some teas are a great option to treat the problem.
- Anvisa releases slimming pill that sucks more than 8 kg of deep fat per month
- Eliminate Cellulite DEFINITELY using this 2x a day…
- Experts: This product to lose weight and eliminate belly fat fast and without the accordion effect!
Increase fiber consumption, always drink plenty of water, avoid sedentary lifestyle, control meal times. If the unpleasant sensations remain, the ideal is to consult a doctor so that he can help alleviate the discomforts.