Tips to prevent hair loss caused by thyroid in a simple and natural way. Also, contrary to popular belief, hair loss is quite common in women. While the issue affects men equally, women tend to share an emotional relationship with their hair , and they can’t help but regret the fall. Losing hair is almost like losing an integral part of one’s identity, and when that happens, people often forget to stop and think about what’s causing it. Thyroid dysfunction is one of the main causes of hair loss in women.
There are many remedies to treat hair loss , some of which are extremely effective, the best way to address the issue is to treat the underlying condition that is causing it. The following are 8 simple steps you can take to combat thyroid- induced hair loss . But first, it is important to check out the reason that thyroid dysfunction leads to hair loss .
News of the week:
How Thyroid Causes Hair Loss : Hair loss caused by thyroid dysfunction is characterized by hair loss from the entire scalp; hair loss is not restricted to a single area. Both hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism trigger this type of hair loss .
When a person undergoes thyroid treatment , hair loss is stopped, but it almost never grows back with the same quality as before. Thyroid problems can also cause alopecia areata where hair loss is restricted to a specific area, and usually in circular patches. This can sometimes lead to unexpected baldness.
The main reason behind hair loss induced by thyroid problems is an imbalance in hormones. That’s why it’s essential to treat your thyroid when dealing with hair loss . Read on to find out how it is possible to treat such cases of hair loss .
How to Treat Thyroid-Induced Hair Loss: The first step in treating thyroid- induced hair loss is to consult a medical professional. You will likely be prescribed steroids to correct the hormonal imbalance. However, it is possible to pair this with natural home remedies to reduce hair loss . So, check out now The 8 Tips to Prevent Hair Loss Caused by Thyroid.
1. Tip To Prevent Thyroid Hair Loss Biotin: Biotin, also known as vitamin H, is an essential vitamin for hair growth . It is one of the most popularly prescribed supplements for thyroid- induced hair loss . This is because there is a direct correlation between low levels of biotin and hair loss .
Biotin can, however, mess with thyroid test results which is why it is always best to consult a professional before starting to take supplements.
2. Tip To Prevent Thyroid Hair Loss Best Shampoos: Finding the best shampoo for treating thyroid induced hair loss can be a bit tricky. Not only does a person need a product to help reduce thinning, but they need it to improve the health of fine, frizzy hair. For fine, dry hair, the first thing you need to look for is products with labels that say “moisturizer”. Some key ingredients to look for are glycerin, silicone and keratin. If your hair is not dry but is still experiencing a lot of hair loss, the best bet is to use specially formulated hair loss products.hair .
3. Tip To Prevent Thyroid Hair Loss Coconut Oil: If you have hypothyroidism, coconut oil can be a savior. Polyunsaturated fats are one of the biggest causes of changes in hormones. And they block the secretion of thyroid hormone , aggravating the problem. Coconut oil, on the other hand, contains medium-chain fatty acids and healthy saturated fats that help restore thyroid health . Consuming 1 tablespoon of this oil every day can prove to be extremely beneficial for those with hypothyroidism. It is also a great oil for topical use on the hair and scalp.
4. Tip to Prevent Hair Loss Caused by Thyroid Vitamins: Vitamin C, when consumed regularly, improves the efficiency of the immune system. It also helps to increase collagen levels that help maintain healthy skin and hair . Drink a glass of lemon juice on an empty stomach every day. Alternatively, you could have 2 teaspoons of pure Indian gooseberry juice diluted with 2 tablespoons of water and 1 teaspoon of honey. Another method of ensuring you are getting enough vitamin C is to eat a guava every day, as the fruit contains more vitamin C than most citrus fruits.
Vitamin E is another beneficial hair growth vitamin . It is a well-known antioxidant that fights the free radicals that cause hair loss . It not only prevents hair loss , but also promotes hair growth again. If you are planning to take supplements to cut hair loss and promote hair growth, be sure to consult a healthcare professional beforehand.
5. Tip To Prevent Thyroid Hair Loss: Evening primrose oil has a rich content of gamma-linoleic acid (GLA), which is an omega-6 fatty acid that promotes healthy hair growth . The oil stops the conversion of testosterone to DHT, which slows down hair loss . You can apply evening primrose oil directly to the scalp, or you can consume it in capsules. The oil also helps with hormonal imbalances and is recommended in doses of 500 mg twice a day.
6. Tip to Prevent Hair Loss Caused by Thyroid: Seaweed has a high content of iodine which helps to stabilize thyroid function . This, in turn, helps to reduce hair loss and promote hair growth again. Seaweed also contains essential vitamins and minerals that nourish and strengthen the hair , protecting it from the sun’s harmful rays. Seaweed can be consumed in supplement form, as dried flakes.
7. Tip to Prevent Thyroid Hair Loss with Saw Palmetto: Saw palmetto is another natural remedy that inhibits the production of DHT in the body. This prevents hair loss from follicle damage and promotes healthy hair growth . While it is possible to brew saw palmetto into a tea, the main ingredients that help with hair loss reduction are not water soluble. The best way to consume saw palmetto is in supplement form with recommended doses of 160-200 mg twice a day.
8. Tip To Prevent Thyroid Hair Loss With Yoga: Yoga can help alleviate both hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism. There are several yoga asanas, especially the inversion poses, that can help fight various thyroid problems effectively.