1. Causes an Acid Alkaline Imbalance: A healthy pH level in the body is 7.4. A diet rich in acidic foods forces the body to reduce bone calcium. Breads are considered acidic foods. Studies have shown that a diet high in refined grains is linked to bone loss. An acidic diet also impairs the immune system, making the body more vulnerable to illness. This is one of the reasons not to eat refined flour .
News of the week:
2. Increases Blood Sugar Levels: If you are in the habit of choosing Wheat because you think it is the healthiest option, think twice. This is one of the reasons not to eat refined flour because foods made with wheat flour are even more harmful to your body . A carbohydrate in wheat , known as amylopectin A, is more easily converted to blood sugar than any other carbohydrate. Just two slices of wheat bread can raise your blood sugar levels compared to several bars of chocolate or six teaspoons of table sugar.
3. Causes Inflammation: A diet full of grains causes inflammation in the body . Blood sugar levels rise and glucose builds up in the blood, sticking to nearby proteins. A chemical reaction called glycation is the result. Glycation is a process that plays a pro-inflammatory role in many inflammatory diseases, including arthritis and heart disease .
4. Low Metabolism: Research has shown that the body can run out of nutrients stored in fat when foods that are high in the glycemic index are consumed. Instead of feeding your body refined flour foods, it provides a slow fat burning and consequently fat storage. This process causes your metabolism to slow down, which can lead to weight gain.
5. Destroys Gut Health: Studies have shown that lectins in grains cause inflammation in the lining of the gut. When refined flour is consumed, 80% of the fiber present in food is lost. Your body doesn’t have the fiber it needs and ends up releasing carbs faster. Without fiber, your body isn’t able to clean the rest of your intestines in the detoxification process. One Important Reasons Not to Eat Refined Flour.
6. Triggers Food Allergies or Intolerance: Wheat is considered one of the biggest influencers of food allergies and intolerance. A type of protein found in many grains – gluten – gives dough its elasticity. The trapped air bubbles create a smoother texture to the bread. Wheat now contains a higher gluten content.