Ramipril is an oral medication indicated for the treatment of individuals suffering from high blood pressure, as it acts as a vasodilator, decreasing pressure in blood vessels and leaving pressure stable .
What is ramipril?
Ramipril ( Altace ) is an ACE inhibitor. ACE stands for Angiotensin Converting Enzyme It is used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension) or congestive heart failure and to improve survival after a heart attack. In addition, it can also be used for purposes not mentioned in this medication guide.
Precautions before taking ramipril:
You should not use this medication if you are allergic to it, or if:
- Anvisa releases fat-sucking pill for people over 30 years old
- Exclusive: Teacher reveals how she eliminated cellulite, sagging and wrinkles…
- Experts: Suffering from hair loss? put an end to it today…
- you have a history of angioedema;
- recently took a heart drug called sacubatril;
- if you are allergic to any other ACE inhibitor such as benazepril, captopril, enalapril, fosinopril, lisinopril, moexipril, perindopril, quinapril or trandolapril.
Do not take ramipril within 36 hours before or after taking a medicine containing sacubatril (such as Entresto). If you have diabetes, do not use ramipril in conjunction with any medication that contains aliskiren (such as Tekturna or Tekamlo).
You may also need to avoid taking ramipril with aliskiren if you have kidney disease. To make sure this medication is safe for you, tell your doctor if you’ve ever had:
- kidney disease (or if you are on dialysis);
- liver disease;
- a connective tissue disease, such as Marfan syndrome, Sjogren’s syndrome, lupus, scleroderma or rheumatoid arthritis;
- if you are also taking telmisartan (Micardis).
Do not use if you are pregnant. If you become pregnant, stop taking this medicine and tell your doctor immediately. Also, this drug can cause injury or death to an unborn baby if you take the drug during the second or third trimester. Use effective birth control.
It is not known whether ramipril passes into breast milk or whether it could harm a nursing baby. You should not breast-feed while using this medicine.
How should I take ramipril?
Take r amipril exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Follow all instructions on your prescription label. Your doctor may occasionally change your dose . Do not take this medication in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.
Ramipril can be taken with or without food. Swallow the tablet whole. You can open the capsule and sprinkle the medication in half a cup (4 ounces) of water, apple juice, or applesauce to make it easier to swallow. Swallow without chewing . You can store the mixture for up to 24 hours at room temperature or up to 48 hours in a refrigerator.
Call your doctor if you experience vomiting or diarrhea , or if you’re sweating more than usual. You can easily get dehydrated while taking it. This can lead to very low blood pressure, electrolyte disturbances, or kidney failure.
Your blood pressure will need to be checked frequently, and you may need frequent blood tests to check your potassium levels. Drink plenty of water each day while taking this medication.
What happens if I miss a dose of ramipril?
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up for the missed dose.
What should I avoid taking ramipril?
Do not use salt substitutes or potassium supplements while taking ramipril unless your doctor tells you to. Avoid drinking alcohol. It may further lower your blood pressure and may increase some of the side effects of ramipril.
Avoid getting up too quickly from a sitting or lying position, or you may feel dizzy. Get up slowly and hold on tight to avoid falling.
Ramipril side effects:
- Anvisa releases slimming pill that sucks more than 8 kg of deep fat per month
- Eliminate Cellulite DEFINITELY using this 2x a day…
- Experts: This product to lose weight and eliminate belly fat fast and without the accordion effect!
Call your doctor right away if you have:
- a feeling of dizziness, as if you were going to pass out;
- jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);
- little or no urination;
- fever, chills, sore throat , flu or cold symptoms ;
- high potassium – nausea, weakness, tingling sensation, chest pain , irregular heartbeat, loss of movement.
Common side effects of ramipril can include:
- headache ;
- dizziness, weakness, feeling tired.