Pubic Lice: Causes, Symptoms and Treatments that we should all know. In addition, pubic lice are very small insects like lice that live on pubic hair and are transmitted from person to person through intimate or direct contact, usually during sexual intercourse. Infection with pubic louse is within the list of sexually transmitted diseases, but it does not affect other troublesome organs and body parts, it causes symptoms like intense itching genital highlights.
The pubic lice infection was much more common in the past, today it is considered that only 2.6% of men have been infected in recent years. Since condoms are not an effective method of combating the spread of pubic lice , hair removal is believed to be responsible for a decrease in the number of people infected with lice. To learn more about pubic lice : causes, symptoms and treatments, we invite you to continue reading this article.
- Anvisa releases fat-sucking pill for people over 30 years old
- Exclusive: Teacher reveals how she eliminated cellulite, sagging and wrinkles…
- Experts: Suffering from hair loss? put an end to it today…
Main Causes of Pubic Louse Infection: When we talk about pubic louse , we specifically refer to the crab louse insect, a very small animal with its claws, very similar to those of crabs, all the hair on the body is hugging except the head. Therefore, although normally the infection is more common in the genital and pubic hair, it can have lice in the beard, chest, armpits and eyelashes.
Transmission occurs by direct contact with the pubic louse , because this animal cannot walk fast or jump. Once the infection occurs, pubic lice leave nits like eggs for reproduction. The most common route of transmission is sex, because during the ceremony the skin-to-skin contact allows the louse to hug the hair and transmission occurs without much effort.
The pubic louse is an insect that is only able to survive on human hair, so the route of infection is through contact with animals. Outside the human body, this insect survives only 3 or 4 days, no reason has been shown to be contagious from the use of towels or underwear from infected people. Pubic lice are more common in teenagers than adults.
- Main Symptoms of Pubic Lice Infection: The symptoms of pubic lice infection usually appear four weeks after the infection occurred. Having pubic lice can cause the following symptoms:
- Itching: It is the most characteristic symptom of the infection. The itching can be very intense when the animal starts invading the skin. Itching at night is usually more irritating due to rest and the amount of tissue covering the area.
- Skin Lesions: These are small sores that result from sudden scratching with the nails. If scratching too intensely, skin ulcers may appear.
- Change Skin Color: Pubic lice can change the pigmentation of the skin making it bluish in color.
- Conjunctivitis: When nits infect the area of the eyelids, conjunctive inflammation occurs, which is known as conjunctivitis. This type of infection is more common in children. Causing the presence of white eggs on the hair.
To seek medical advice, diagnosis is very easy to check for symptoms and perform a physical examination of the affected area as you can see at a glance the hook-shaped hairs of the parasite.
The presence of skin sores or ulcers also facilitates the diagnosis. Ideally, take the parasite to do a microbiological study to identify its type, although these small and annoying animals are so characteristic that just by looking at it, it can be identified that it is a pubic lice .
Treatment To Eliminate Pubic Lice: To remove pubic lice , you need to see a doctor for him to prescribe the ideal treatment. If you and your partner are infected, get the necessary treatment quickly to avoid a second infection.
Drugs commonly used for pubic lice are too harsh for the delicate skin of the genitals, for this reason, it is necessary that the medication be prescribed only by a doctor.
A fine toothbrush is excellent for removing eggs they have left. One way to loosen these nits is to brush them first and then rinse with apple cider vinegar . It is proven that home remedies like apple cider vinegar or boiling water are not effective in killing pubic lice .
Tips for Treating Pubic Lice Infection:
- Wash all clothing, underwear and bedding in very hot water.
- Objects that cannot be washed should be sprayed with a medicated spray.
- Objects that cannot be washed can be placed in plastic bags for 14 days to suffocate the insects.
- Anyone who has had sexual intercourse should undergo treatment.
- When discovering pubic lice , you must rule out other types of sexually transmitted diseases.
- Anvisa releases slimming pill that sucks more than 8 kg of deep fat per month
- Eliminate Cellulite DEFINITELY using this 2x a day…
- Experts: This product to lose weight and eliminate belly fat fast and without the accordion effect!
This article is informative, they have no power to prescribe medical treatments or make any diagnosis. We invite you to visit a doctor in case you experience any kind of condition or discomfort.