Lime or lime tea is an acidic fruit, refreshing and revitalizing at the same time . Your tea is a great ally when the cold starts to dominate your days and nights, being very beneficial for your daily well-being and also for your health.
Lime tea infusion has a great energy capacity, offering a feeling of vitality. This is due to the fact that lime cleanses existing toxins in the blood and skin, working as a detoxifier . The tea of this fruit cleanses these toxins that cause diseases and even premature aging of the skin.
Another great benefit is that it helps in the digestion of food, especially after heavy meals or after lunch, helping even those who suffer from gas after that moment. The properties contained in lime tea help the stomach to work better, without harming the digestion process . It also contains antioxidants with antibacterial and antiviral properties.
Lime tea properties:
Lime is a very popular citrus fruit and is used in a variety of ways and, since ancient times, the Egyptians already knew about its beneficial properties in maintaining good health. This fruit contains flavonoids , magnesium , vitamin C , pectin, components that together fight infections. One of the ways to enjoy the benefits provided by lime is to prepare a tea with citrus fruit. Lime tea is well known and appreciated by many people who drink it after meals, to warm up the body on the coldest days or when they realize that the flu is coming.
What is it for:
Lime tea also offers other benefits such as:
- Combating fluid retention ;
- Improve the body’s immunity ;
- Helps regulate blood pressure ;
- Fights bad breath ;
- It helps to lose weight as it eliminates toxins and increases the functioning of metabolism .
Lime tea is also a great fighter against flu and cold symptoms. As soon as you start to feel the softness and pain characteristic of this problem, it’s time to prepare your tea! Before checking out all the health benefits of lime tea, watch a video to give you more information:
Lime tea benefits:
1. Helps clean the skin:
Vitamin C works wonders for the skin . Vitamin C helps the production of collagen, a protein that helps in the growth of new cells and blood vessels. It gives the skin its strength and firmness. Lime juice also has acne -fighting qualities and can help clear your skin. This lime tea benefit can be very appealing to women looking for flawless skin. Scroll down and read more blogs about the benefits of other teas, like the blog you just read!
2. Promotes healing:
The vitamin C found in lime helps to recover from anxiety and stress . It also helps to heal wounds quickly and takes care of all tissues in the human body, including cartilage and bones . Vitamin C has been shown to increase the production of white blood cells. These white blood cells attack foreign bacteria as well as viruses .
3. Balances pH levels:
Drinking lime water daily helps prevent high acidity in the human body, including uric acid in the joints – a major cause of inflammation and pain. When we are on acid, we are vulnerable to disease – no disease can survive in an alkaline body and lime is an excellent alkalizing agent. This is an important benefit of lime tea !
4. Relieves Digestion:
Lime juice helps the kidneys and liver to function smoothly. Acids in lime are similar in composition to saliva and hydrochloric acid in digestive juices. The citric acid in lime helps to produce enzymes that aid in healthy digestion and stimulate the liver. Enjoy this lime tea benefit by drinking a cup after a heavy meal.
5. Controls blood sugar:
This lime tea benefit may be particularly helpful for those who are at risk of developing diabetes . High blood sugar usually occurs when the body has excessive amounts of insulin . Hesperidin, a compound in lime, can modify enzyme functions that affect your blood sugar levels. Hesperidin also has cholesterol-lowering effects. Drinking a glass of water with lime juice can help support enzyme function and stabilize blood sugar .
6. Helps stay hydrated:
While we are sleeping, our body is on a fast and is in a state of mild dehydration when we wake up. Lime water can re-hydrate the human body within minutes of drinking it. Lime tea helps to replenish fluids that are continually being lost by the human body. This lime tea benefit can be especially helpful during warmer seasons.
7. Increases immunity:
Vitamin C and antioxidants help to boost the immune system . Lime tea is a rich source of both and hence helps to maintain good health. Lime tea powder is rich in potassium, which controls blood pressure, stimulates brain and nerve function. Drinking a vitamin C -rich beverage , such as lime water, with meals can help increase the absorption of minerals such as iron . This lemon tea benefit is useful for everyone!
8. Helps you lose weight:
Lime tea promotes weight loss by keeping your pH levels in balance. Lime juice and rind eliminate toxins from the body and keep the liver and digestive system healthy. It prevents the buildup of toxins in the bloodstream and keeps your metabolic rate high. This is probably one of the biggest benefits of lime tea .
Recipes with lime:
1. Indian lime tea recipe:
- In a pan, add water and bring to a boil.
- Add the black tea powder and let it boil for a minute.
- Turn off the flame and add the sugar and lime juice and mix well until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Strain the tea through a strainer into a bowl.
- Pour tea into cups and serve hot.
- You can use honey instead of sugar.
- Adjust the lime juice to your liking.
2. Lime with lemon leaves:
– 1 cup of water;
– freshly squeezed lime juice;
– 3 or 4 lemon leaves ;
– Sugar or honey to taste.
- Put a glass of water to warm up.
- While the water boils, extinguish the flame.
- Add a teaspoon or teaspoons of tea leaves, depending on whether you want a strong version or a lighter version of the tea.
- Alternatively, you can use green tea in the same proportion.
- Let it ferment for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Now add a quarter of lime juice to the tea liqueur.
- Add sugar or honey to taste. Your lime tea is ready.
- You can make this tea more flavorful by adding fresh ginger.
Despite the many benefits of lime tea, it is not suitable for certain people. Certain precautions must be taken for lime tea consumption .
- Tea is generally not suitable for children.
- It should be best avoided during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Those who have high blood pressure should refrain from regular consumption of lime tea .
- Lime tea should not be consumed in case of diarrhea or irritable bowel syndrome. You can consume plain black tea instead.
- It is advisable to take medical advice before consuming lime tea if you are taking any specific medication for any ailment.
So, if you want a combination of health benefits and refreshing taste and aroma, lime tea is the right choice. With the start of summers, you can comfortably replace sodas and carbonated drinks with refreshing iced lime tea!