This homemade epilation to remove hair by yourself is simple and easy to do, because the lack of time to go to the epilator, economy, freedom to carry out the process in your own time or comfort; after all, not feeling comfortable or not liking to be shaved by someone else is quite common.
Those who choose to do hair removal at home have good alternative methods available and can choose either for investment in products, levels of pain or practicality in execution.
The variety of products available on the market is quite abundant: blades of different sizes and angles, waxes and creams of different components, electrical appliances with various functions and even photoepilation devices.
Those who have sensitive skin and suffer from folliculitis should be careful when shaving at home! Choose methods that are less aggressive to the skin , which pull the hair out by the root and are less likely to break the hair or break the skin .
Remember that even if you don’t suffer from allergies, folliculitis or other sensitivity problems, it’s common for your skin to be red after shaving. Therefore, try to carry out the process hours before going out, leaving time for the skin to calm down again.
Regardless of the method chosen, the general rule of thumb is to have the area to be shaved clean before starting. Exfoliations also contribute to a more positive result, as they prevent ingrown hairs. In addition, it is always important to keep the skin hydrated after shaving and avoid sun exposure without using sunscreen.
Home depilation to remove hair by yourself:
- To make the wax at home, put all the ingredients in a pan and turn on the medium heat. For about 20 minutes, keep stirring the mixture in the pan until it looks like a caramel.
- Then, to check if the wax is at the right point, put 1 spoon of water on a dessert plate and then put half a spoon of the wax on this plate and observe if the sides start to rise and check with your index finger and thumb in the shape of a tweezers if the wax on the plate is pulling.
- If it still isn’t pulling, continue on low heat for a few more minutes until the wax is set.
- However, the amount of water depends on the humidity of the air or the ambient heat, so add water little by little to check the correct consistency of the wax.
- Allow the wax to cool completely and then add a few drops of lemon and leave it on low heat so that it becomes diluted again.
- Then transfer the wax to a container that can be taken to the microwave to heat, so that it is ready to be used.
How to do hair removal?
To depilate with sugar and lemon wax at home, apply a thin layer of the warm wax along the length of the hairs using a spatula or popsicle stick and then the waxing paper and remove immediately afterwards, in the opposite direction to the hair growth.