Home remedies to remove tartar in a simple way and with natural ingredients because tartar is a bacterial plate that settles on the enamel of the teeth, usually near the gum.
Although they do not cause damage to the teeth themselves, the constant presence of tartar can lead to cavities, in addition to a bad aesthetic appearance, the teeth become yellow or even brown, with the impression that they are never really clean.
If you don’t want to give this bad impression and, at the same time, have good dental health, we’ve selected some homemade recipes to remove tartar at once. Using it often, in a few weeks your teeth will be whiter than ever before.
Causes of Tartar?
The main reason for tartar is an excessively acidic diet, rich in sugar, refined foods and harmful fats. Although many believe that the first cause is poor dental hygiene, if we consumed enough raw fruits and vegetables, this discomfort would certainly arise much less.
Tartar forms around the teeth because of the presence of food remains that are retained there, characterizing a dental problem. When this problem arises, which can generate many other diseases and complications, it is necessary to seek professional help to perform the scaling. This treatment, however, can be expensive and time-consuming, something that not all people have. Check it out then
Home remedies to remove tartar:
1. Baking soda to remove tartar:
Baking soda is one of the classic remedies to eliminate plaque and tartar that form on your teeth. This ingredient is abrasive, it stops the action of harmful acids and inhibits the bacterial proliferation that gives rise to dangerous infections.
– 1 teaspoon of baking soda (5 g);
– 1/4 teaspoon of salt (1.2 g).
- Combine the two ingredients, moisten them with a little water and rub them over your teeth with your toothbrush.
- Let it act for 5 minutes and rinse with plenty of water.
- Avoid ingesting the product.
SEE ALSO: The 20 Home Recipes to Treat Headaches!
2. Orange peel to treat tartar:
– 1 orange peel .
- Take a fresh orange peel and rub the white part for three minutes over your teeth.
- Repeat the treatment every night before bed.
3. Strawberry to remove tartar:
The natural acids that strawberries contain are helpful in altering the environment that bacteria need to grow on your teeth. Its application reduces tartar, prevents the loss of density and exerts an alkaline effect in the mouth.
– 2 ripe strawberries .
- Cut the strawberries into several pieces and puree them.
- Rub them over your teeth every day for at least 7 days in a row.
SEE ALSO: The 8 Home Recipes to Fight Belly Pain!
4. Parsley leaves to remove tartar:
This plant has antibacterial and astringent properties that contribute to improving oral health in general. Its application as a mouthwash facilitates the elimination of plaque and tartar and eliminates the bacteria that cause halitosis.
– 6 parsley leaves
– 1 glass of water (250 ml)
- Chop the parsley leaves, place them in a glass of boiling water and let them rest for 10 minutes.
- After this time, rinse your mouth with the infusion and brush your teeth as usual.
- Repeat its use three times a day, every day.
- If you prefer, make a paste with the leaves of the plant and rub it on your teeth for three minutes.
5. Homemade toothpaste to remove tartar:
The preparation of an anti- tartar toothpaste is very simple and does not use harsh chemicals for oral health. We will take advantage of the antibacterial compounds of coconut oil together with the properties of sodium bicarbonate , in order to obtain an organic and very effective product.
- Combine all the ingredients in an airtight glass container until you get a homogeneous paste.
- Dip the brush into the mixture and apply it to your teeth as if you were using regular toothpaste.
- Repeat its use between three and four times a day.
6. Fresh lemon juice:
The alkaline and whitening properties of fresh lemon juice are useful for whitening and disinfecting teeth with tartar. Its use should be carried out in a moderate way, since some of its components can weaken the enamel of the teeth.
– Juice of 1/2 lemon ;
– 1/4 cup of hot water (62 ml).
- Dilute the juice of half a lemon in hot water and rinse your mouth for five minutes.
- Use once a day, every day.
- Remember that, in addition to using these home remedies, it is essential to improve your oral hygiene habits.
- Incorporate flossing after each brushing and use an antibacterial mouthwash.