The Main Causes of Male Candidiasis that should not be ignored because you need to be aware. In addition, male candidiasis is an inflammatory disease of the genitals region, especially the glans, foreskin and the entire region of the male reproductive organ, male candidiasis is commonly caused by the fungus Candida Albicans.
Although it is more frequent in women, candidiasis can also appear in men, both children and adults, which characterizes it as not exclusively a sexually transmitted disease , but also due to secretions or poor hygiene at the site, making candidiasis male . Then check out below The Main Causes of Male Candidiasis.
Main Causes of Male Candidiasis: The main causes of male candidiasis can be caused by several factors, but it only manifests in men when their immune system is weakened .
- Intimate contact without a condom with a partner infected with the fungus Candida albicans;
- Frequent use of antibiotics, corticosteroids or antidepressants;
- Diabetes ;
- Poor hygiene of the penis;
- Illnesses that weaken the immune system, such as AIDS and lupus ;
- Food rich in sweets.
- In addition to the penile region, candidiasis can affect the mouth , throat , nails , skin , and scalp .
Symptoms of Male Thrush: Symptoms of male thrush are related to penile infection and include:
News of the week:
- Pain or burning during intimate contact;
- itching ;
- Redness, swelling or white patches on the glans;
- Semen-like discharge .
- The man should consult a urologist in the presence of these symptoms, and the diagnosis is made through the evaluation of the penis and a laboratory examination in which a small sample of the penile lesions is collected to evaluate the presence of the fungus .
How to Prevent Male Candidiasis: It is common for male candidiasis to reappear, and to prevent the recurrence of this disease you should:
- Eat a proper diet, rich in water, fruits and vegetables to strengthen the immune system;
- Avoid wearing hot, tight or wet clothes;
- Properly sanitize the penile region;
- Use condoms in intimate relationships.
- Strengthening the immune system is also an excellent way to prevent the proliferation of candida albicans, so you should eat less sugar, exercise and have a healthy diet constantly.
How to Treat Male Candidiasis: Male candidiasis is curable and its treatment can be done at home with the use of antifungal ointments, such as Fluconazole, which should be applied daily for 7 to 10 days, according to the doctor’s recommendation. When treatment for male candidiasis with ointment has no effect or in cases of recurrent male candidiasis , oral antifungals such as Fluconazole or Ketoconazole can also be used for up to 14 days.
It is possible to prevent male thrush by keeping the likely infection areas clean and dry, which prevents male thrush from developing. You should prefer cotton and loose clothing. You should avoid anything synthetic and tight, such as tight pants.