Andiroba is a plant. The leaf and bark, as well as andiroba seed and oil in capsules , are used to make medicine. Individuals drink a tea made from andiroba bark and leaves to treat herpes, worm infections, and fever ; and as a tonic. Andiroba oil in capsules is also used for coughing .
Some people report that the bark and leaves of andiroba directly on the skin can help against ulcers, skin problems and wounds. The andiroba plant is still used on the skin to remove skin parasites and dog ticks .
In manufacturing, andiroba is used as a solvent for dissolving and removing dyes from plants, as an oil for lamps and as an insect repellent.
This Amazonian super fruit wouldn’t be the wonderful ingredient without its amounts of natural vitamins and minerals. Andiroba oil in capsules is also very rich in antioxidants, to help neutralize and remove free radicals from the bloodstream, while also preventing premature skin aging , photodermatoses, and skin cancers .
- Helps treat throat problems such as: tonsillitis , pharyngitis , laryngitis, parotitis (mumps);
- Helps treat fever and respiratory tract disorders;
- Treats rheumatism , muscle fatigue and arthritis ;
- Relieves bronchitis and pneumonia ;
- It can be used for massages and as a sunscreen.
Nutrients present in andiroba oil in capsules :
- Vitamin A , Vitamin C and Vitamin E ;
- Linoleic, oleic, palmitic and stearic acids;
- Fatty acids.
Dosage of andiroba oil in capsules :
The appropriate dose of andiroba depends on a number of factors such as health, age and various other conditions of the consumer. At present, there is not enough scientific information to determine an appropriate dose range for andiroba.
Know that natural products are not always necessarily safe and that dosages can be important. Be sure to follow the relevant recommendations on product labels and consult your pharmacist, specialist or other healthcare professional before using the oil.
- Pregnant and lactating women: There is not enough reliable information about the safety of consuming andiroba if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Stay on the safe side and avoid using.